Platige Image is looking for a talented Layout Artist to join our outstanding previz team. The person in this position will work closely with a Director under the supervision of the department Lead to translate storyboards into 3D previz. You will be involved in the creation of AAA game cinematics and other hi-end 3D projects. If you are someone who moves pixels across space with grace, join us!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHEL
– Translation of storyboards into 3D previz that consist of sequence of shots with outstanding timing, pacing and composition, including camera positioning and movement, characters blocking, rough animation and environment layout.
– Creation of proxy 3D assets.
– Working with motion capture data.
– Editing previz footage and ensuring continuity between shots.
– Keeping an eye on technical aspects and delivering scenes for other departments in orderly manner.
– Participate as a member of the team in bringing the director’s vision to life, accept feedback and work together to push project quality.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– At least 2 years of previous experience in a relevant position or as in-game cinematic artist proven by a reel.
– A good working knowledge of cinematic language, staging, blocking, composition, and camera work.
– Good knowledge of Maya and/or Motion Builder.
– Experience working with motion capture data and/or good keyframe animation skill.
– Basic understanding of the editing process.
– Ability to work under tight deadlines within established pipeline.
– Excellent communication skills and good command of English.
– A genuine interest in games, film and animation.
– Film or Art School degree in a relevant field.
– Experience in storyboarding, 2D animation, non-commercial animation shorts, photography.
– Knowledge of 3ds Max or any other 3d DCC software, game engines, Adobe Premiere Pro, and/or Shotgun.
IT’S WORTH TO JOIN US!
– We are a large group, who are creating new standards of animation, CG, and VFX. We want to be one step ahead, taking care of the highest quality of executed projects.
– We take part in various attractive projects commissioned by the biggest companies in the world (e.g. Netflix, Ubisoft, Activision, SONY, CD PROJEKT RED, Burberry, HBO).
– You will have a chance to work in a booming industry with cutting-edge technologies.
– We are working remotely or you can drop by our studio, which is located in a creative circle of green surroundings in Fort Mokotów (Warsaw, Poland).
– Our health is looked after by private medical care (Lux Med).
– For a good start of the work-day, we serve breakfast for our employees.
– We have free parking for motorized and bicycle paths lead to our studio.
– And you can come to work with your dog-friend!
Candidates for the Junior Layout Artist position should include a portfolio in their application.