Platige Image is looking for a talented Shading Artist with a knack for creating multiple texture maps and shaders for our breathtaking characters and props. The person in this position will work closely with our CG Supervisor and Shading Lead to develop the style and look by the guidelines defined by them. You will be involved in the creation of AAA game cinematics and other hi-end 3D projects. If you have a talent for painting textures from scratch, we’d love to meet you!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
– Working with the production team to execute the desired look of CG models, including complex characters and creatures and hard surface models like weapons, real-world vehicles, and props.
– Collaborating with the CG Supervisor and Shading Lead to determine the look of the CG objects of the project.
– Maintaining good team dynamics.
– Solving everyday problems.
– Thinking creatively and globally.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– At least 2-years’ experience in surfacing, texture painting or look development.
– Solid knowledge of Substance Painter.
– A keen eye for color and detail as it relates to organic models is a must
– Very good knowledge of Maya and Arnold.
– A clear understanding of UV’s.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Working knowledge of Zbrush, Mari, and Photoshop.
– Previous production experience in cinematics/VFX or game dev.
– Experience with traditional drawing and painting.
IT’S WORTH TO JOIN US!
– We are a large group, who are creating new standards of animation, CG, and VFX. We want to be one step ahead, taking care of the highest quality of executed projects.
– We take part in various attractive projects commissioned by the biggest companies in the world (e.g. Netflix, Ubisoft, SONY, CD PROJEKT RED, HBO).
– You will have a chance to work in a booming industry with cutting-edge technologies.
– Most of us are working remotely, and our studio is located in a creative circle of green surroundings in Fort Mokotów (Warsaw, Poland).
– Our health is looked after by private medical care (Lux Med).
– For a good start to the work-day, we serve breakfast for our employees.
– We have free parking for motorized and bicycle paths lead to our studio.
– And you can come to work with your dog-friend!
Candidates for the Shading Artist position should include portfolio to their application.