Senior Character Modeler
Platige Image is looking for an exceptional and experienced Character Modeler to join our outstanding team. The candidate for this position needs to demonstrate a deep understanding of industry standards, and 3D character modelling techniques, and shows interest in emerging trends in this field. As a Character Modeler, you will be responsible for creating prominent high and low poly characters in a timely and professional manner. You will be involved in the creation of AAA game cinematics and other hi-end 3D projects. If you have a talent for 3D modelling, we’d love to meet you! Join us!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
– Work with the production team to execute the desired look of CG models, including complex characters and creatures or hard surface models, including weapons, real-world vehicles, and props.
– Collaborate with the CG Supervisor and Character Modeler Lead to determine the look of the CG objects of the project.
– Maintain good team dynamics.
– Solve everyday problems.
– Think creatively and globally.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– At least 5 years of experience in professional 3D modelling.
– Very good knowledge of Autodesk Maya (pipeline software).
– Knowledge of other modelling packages Blender / 3dsmax is a plus. Maya is preferred.
– Strong Zbrush skill – sculpting, texture baking, displacement mapping.
– Knowledge of Marvelous Designer and Clothes Retopology skills.
– Experience in modelling a diverse visual range of characters and creatures with particular emphasis on human characters.
– Retopology and UV mapping experience and expertise are essential.
– Experience with creating facial expressions based on retopology scans.
– Outstanding creativity and a very strong commitment to a project.
– Ability to work efficiently within a team.
– Previous production experience in cinematics/VFX or game dev.
– Working knowledge of RealityCapture , R3DSWrap, Mudbox, and/or Arnold
– Experience in shot modelling.
– Experience with traditional drawing and painting.
IT’S WORTH JOINING US!
-We are an experienced studio setting new standards for animation, CG, and VFX. Always one step ahead, focusing on the highest quality and artistic value of executed projects.
-We take part in various attractive projects commissioned by the biggest companies in the world (e.g. Netflix, Ubisoft, SONY, CD PROJEKT RED, Burberry, HBO, Warner Bros).
-You will have a chance to work in a booming industry with cutting-edge technologies.
-You will receive a competitive salary based on your experience and access to professional courses for mastering your skills.
-We are located in green surroundings in Fort Mokotów (Warsaw, Poland), but it’s up to you where your office is!
-Our health is looked after by private medical care and we are staying fit with a sports card (Multisport).
-For a good start of work-day, we serve breakfast in the studio for our employees.
-And you can come to the studio with your dog-friend!
Candidates for Character Modeler position should include a portfolio to their application.
positionSenior Character Modeler
locationWARSAW/ FORT MOKOTÓW