Platige Image is looking for an R&D Developer with a passion for exploring new technologies and providing in-depth technical analysis. As a part of the Research and Development team, you will be responsible for further improvement of our software tools and technologies. The ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of computer graphics and advanced programming skills to actively participate in the development and integration of creative tools into an overall production pipeline. Join us!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
– Assist the Lead R&D with all aspects of technical components.
– Research, design, implement, test, provide technical documentation, and support CG software systems and tools for the studio in collaboration with the pipeline team, tech teams, supervisors, and the leads.
– Identify and optimize bottlenecks in algorithms and workflows.
– Stay up-to-date with industry trends and new technologies.
– Support existing R&D tools and applications.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– Advanced proficiency in programming languages (Python and C/C++).
– University degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field.
– A solid understanding of visual effects and/or animation pipelines and workflows.
– Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
– A proactive attitude and great team spirit (essential).
– Knowledge of API for Autodesk Maya and Unreal Engine.
– Knowledge of 3D, rendering techniques, imaging formats, data exchange formats (i.e. Pixar USD), lighting, etc.
– Extensive experience with source control and building systems in a multi-platform environment.
– Strong grasp of software development best practices such as TDD, continuous integration, and agile methodologies.
IT’S WORTH JOINING US!
– We are an experienced studio setting new standards for animation, CG, and VFX. Always one step ahead, focusing on the highest quality and artistic value of executed projects.
– We take part in various attractive projects commissioned by the biggest companies in the world (e.g. Netflix, Ubisoft, SONY, CD PROJEKT RED, Burberry, HBO, Warner Bros).
– You will have a chance to work in a booming industry with cutting-edge technologies.
– You will receive a competitive salary based on your experience and access to professional courses for mastering your skills.
– We are located in green surroundings in Fort Mokotów (Warsaw, Poland), but it’s up to you where your office is!
– Our health is looked after by private medical care (Lux Med) and we are staying fit with a sports card (Multisport).
– For a good start of work-day, we serve breakfast in the studio for our employees.
– And you can come to the studio with your dog-friend!
Please include Code Samples in your application.