Platige Image is looking for an exceptional Lighting/Rendering Artist to join our outstanding team. The person in this position needs to demonstrate a deep understanding of the industry, have experience with real-time visual effects as well as show interest in emerging trends in this field. You will be responsible for creating prominent visual effects in a timely and professional manner. This position requires close collaboration with various teams so strong communication skills are crucial. If you are equally at ease communicating with both people and your own software, join us!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
– Create compelling lighting that set up the mood, tells a story, and makes a coherent world.
– Deconstruct lighting and textures in a physically based renderer to establish appropriate color correct values.
– Keep the artistic style consistent with the defined visual style for the project.
– Ensure your lighting is optimal and technically correct.
– Analyze the scene for performance issues, and ensure all lights are as optimal as possible.
– Keep up to date on modern trends in real-time rendering and art asset production, serving as a technical resource and consultant for the entire team.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– At least 2 years of experience in the role of Lighting/Rendering Artist in a CGI/VFX industry, or game dev.
– Very good knowledge of Maya and render engines (preferably Arnold, Vray, or Redshift).
– Good knowledge of direct and indirect light, luminance, and color theory.
– Outstanding creativity and a very strong commitment to a project.
– Good attitude towards receiving feedback and exchanging knowledge.
– Good knowledge of Houdini and Nuke.
IT’S WORTH JOINING US!
– We are an experienced studio setting new standards for animation, CG, and VFX. Always one step ahead, focusing on the highest quality and artistic value of executed projects.
– We take part in various attractive projects commissioned by the biggest companies in the world (e.g. Netflix, Ubisoft, SONY, CD PROJEKT RED, Burberry, HBO, Warner Bros).
– You will have a chance to work in a booming industry with cutting-edge technologies.
– You will receive a competitive salary based on your experience and access to professional courses for mastering your skills.
– We are located in green surroundings in Fort Mokotów (Warsaw, Poland), but it’s up to you where your office is!
– Our health is looked after by private medical care (Lux Med) and we are staying fit with a sports card (Multisport).
– For a good start of work-day, we serve breakfast in the studio for our employees.
– And you can come to the studio with your dog-friend!
Candidates for the Lighting/Rendering Artist position should include a portfolio in their application.