Lead Texturing Artist
Platige Image is looking for an experienced Lead Texturing Artist with a knack for leading an outstanding team who create multiple texture maps and shaders for our characters and props. The person in this position will work closely with our Supervisors and Art Directors to develop the style and look by the guidelines defined by the Client. You will be involved in the creation of AAA game cinematics and other hi-end 3D projects. Sounds interesting? Keep reading!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
– Assigning tasks associated with the texturing and shading for complex characters and creatures, and hard surface models like weapons, real-world vehicles, and props.
– Together with Supervisor evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots.
– Mentoring and leading artists in their skills development, and providing them artistic and technical feedback.
– Inventing and taking a part in creating new solutions for team workflow, optimizing and developing the technology related to textures and shading.
– Maintaining good team dynamics.
– Showing initiative and solving everyday problems.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– At least 5-years’ experience in surfacing, texture painting or look development and at least 2 years’ experience of leading the team, or a project.
– Previous production experience in cinematics/VFX or game dev.
– Expert knowledge of Substance Painter and Arnold and very good knowledge of Maya.
– Working knowledge of Zbrush, Mari, and Photoshop.
– Ability to look at a task/project/work from various angles (ability to see different shades of grey!) and willing to suggest changes within the team.
– A keen eye for color and detail as it relates to organic models is a must
– A clear understanding of UV’s.
– Experience with traditional drawing and painting.
IT’S WORTH JOINING US!
– We are setting new standards in animation, CG, and VFX. We stay one step ahead, always making sure that our projects are executed with the highest quality.
– We collaborate with some of the biggest companies in the world (Netflix, Ubisoft, Activision, SONY, Warner Brothers, CD PROJEKT RED, HBO, and many others).
– You will have the chance to work in a booming industry with cutting-edge technologies.
– We value authenticity. It’s the source of our creativity, energy, and imagination, and it’s what makes our work so unique.
– We are working remotely, but our doors are open for those who would like to come by our studio, located in the green surroundings of Fort Mokotów/Warsaw/Poland.
– Our health is looked after by private medical care (Lux Med) & we are improving our physical condition thanks to the MultiSport card.
– For a good start of work-day, we serve breakfast for our employees.
– And you can come to work with your dog-friend!
Candidates for the Lead Texturing Artist position should include a portfolio in their application.
positionLead Texturing Artist