Lead FX Artist
Platige Image is looking for a rockstar Lead FX Artist to lead an international team that brings to life the industry’s top FX. The person in this position will work closely with our Supervisors and Art Directors to materialize the highest-quality, beautiful simulation effects of all kinds for triple-A game cinematics, movies, and TV shows. You will guide and grow the team working on breathtaking FX for clients such as Netflix, Ubisoft, and Capcom. Sounds interesting? Join us!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
– Assign and review tasks for simulations such as Pyro, Fluids, Destruction, and all kind of experimental effects.
– Mentor and lead FX Artists in their development by providing artistic guidance and technical expertise.
– Together with Supervisors, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots and sequences.
– Drive the technological development of the workflow of your team and the entire pipeline.
– Maintain good team dynamics and show initiative in solving everyday problems.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– Min. 5 years of professional experience in the FX industry and at least 2 years experience leading teams or projects.
– Excellent expertise in all major simulation tools of the Houdini FX software.
– Working knowledge of Maya and Nuke along with a deep understanding of all aspects of 3D and VFX pipeline steps.
– Very good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with other artists and teams.
– Experience in Python scripting.
IT’S WORTH JOINING US!
– We are an experienced studio setting new standards for animation, CG, and VFX. Always one step ahead, focusing on the highest quality and artistic value of executed projects.
– We take part in high-profile projects commissioned by the biggest companies in the world (e.g. Netflix, Ubisoft, SONY, Warner Bros, Capcom, HBO), and you will have a huge impact on the final look of the FX in our work!
– You will receive a competitive salary and access to professional courses for mastering your skills.
– We value authenticity. It’s the source of our creativity, energy, and imagination, and it’s what makes our work so unique.
– We are working flexibly, with headquarters located in a creative circle of green surroundings in Fort Mokotów (Warsaw, Poland).
– Our health is looked after by private medical care (Lux Med) and we are staying fit with a sports card (Multisport).
– For a good start of work-day, we serve breakfast for our employees.
– And you can come to work with your dog-friend!
Candidates for the Lead FX position should include a demo reel or portfolio in their application.
positionLead FX Artist
locationWARSAW/ FORT MOKOTÓW