LEAD SHADING ARTIST
Platige Image is looking for an experienced Lead Shading Artist with a knack for leading an outstanding team who create multiple texture maps and shaders for our characters and props. The person in this position will work closely with our Supervisors and Art Directors to develop the style and look by the guidelines defined by the Client. You will be involved in the creation of AAA game cinematics and other hi-end 3D projects. Sounds interesting? Keep reading!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
– Assigning tasks associated with the texturing and shading for complex characters and creatures, and hard surface models like weapons, real-world vehicles, and props.
– Together with Supervisor evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots.
– Mentoring and leading artists in their skills development, and providing them artistic and technical feedback.
– Inventing and taking a part in creating new solutions for team workflow, optimizing and developing the technology related to textures and shading.
– Maintaining good team dynamics.
– Showing initiative and solving everyday problems.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– At least 5-years’ experience in surfacing, texture painting, or look development and at least 2 years’ experience of leading the team, or a project.
– Previous production experience in cinematics/VFX or game dev.
– Expert knowledge of Substance Painter and Arnold and very good knowledge of Maya.
– Working knowledge of Zbrush, Mari, and Photoshop.
– Ability to look at a task/project/work from various angles (ability to see different shades of grey!) and willing to suggest changes within the team.
– A keen eye for color and detail as it relates to organic models is a must.
– A clear understanding of UV’s.
– Experience with traditional drawing and painting.
IT’S WORTH TO JOIN US!
– We are a large group, who are creating new standards of animation, CG, and VFX. We want to be one step ahead, taking care of the highest quality of executed projects.
– We take part in various attractive projects commissioned by the biggest companies in the world (e.g. Netflix, Ubisoft, SONY, CD PROJEKT RED, HBO) and you will have a huge impact on a final look of our characters!
– You will have a chance to work in a booming industry with cutting-edge technologies.
– Most of us are working remotely, and our studio is located in a creative circle of green surroundings in Fort Mokotów (Warsaw, Poland).
– Our health is looked after by private medical care (Lux Med).
– For a good start to the work-day, we serve breakfast for our employees.
– We have free parking for motorized and bicycle paths lead to our studio.
– And you can come to work with your dog-friend!
Candidates for the Lead Shading Artist position should include a portfolio in their application.
positionLEAD SHADING ARTIST