Department Operations Manager
Platige Image is looking for an experienced Department Operations Manager to support our Heads in managing the Animation Department, which is responsible for Platige’s cinematics and creates visual effects for movies and TV series. Our ideal candidate will have directorship experience will be responsible for improving data flow activities, progressing reports, and supporting HR Team in hiring and maintaining of Team Members. In day-to-day tasks you will coordinate and mentor in processing paperwork related to employment relations and transferring copyrights and you will play the crucial role in helping teams of talented artists and designers to deliver high quality content. If you are looking for some big challenges you are ambitious and motivated, get ready to roll-up sleeves and become our Operations McGyver!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
– Working closely with Head of CG and Head of Production to set the operations strategy inside the Animation Department.
– Continuously seeking improvement and leverage data flow activities to optimize key metrics around team management, redesign operation processes to achieve better efficiency.
– Coordinating and mentoring of processing paperwork related to employment relations, transferring copyrights, and resolving payroll issues.
– Partnering with Payroll team in hiring Expats and collecting needed documents.
– Discussing staffing needs with Heads and Team Managers, supporting performance reviews for all team members, and identifying team training needs.
– Creating a positive work environment to bring out the best in employee performance and minimize employee turnover.
– Attending and participating in daily-stand ups and production meetings.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role and at least 1-year experience in working in movies/TV series production, post-production, game development or related business (must understand post-production processes).
– Excellent knowledge of MS-Office and Google Sheets, and ability to get familiar with internal system.
– At least basic knowledge of HR, labour law, hiring Expats, principles of calculating remuneration and social security.
– Possess business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth.
– Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and solid analytical skill capability to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges.
– Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines and actively share information with other staff members.
– Can work independently, without need for constant supervision, are accountable, handle change, and stay focused under pressure.
– Fluent in English & Polish
– Warsaw presence
– Knowledge of Shotgun.
IT’S WORTH TO JOIN US!
– We are a large group, who are creating new standards of animation, CG and VFX. We want to be one step ahead, taking care of the highest quality of executed projects.
– We take part in various attractive projects commissioned by the biggest companies in the world (eg. Netflix, Ubisoft, Activision, SONY, CD PROJEKT RED, Burberry, HBO).
– You will have a chance to work in a booming industry with cutting-edge technologies.
– Most of us are working remotely and our studio is located in a creative circle of green surroundings in Fort Mokotów (Warsaw, Poland).
– Our health is looked after by private medical care (LuxMed).
– For a good start of the work-day, we serve breakfast for our employees.
– We have free parking for motorized and bicycle paths lead to our studio.
– And you can come to work with your dog-friend!
positionDepartment Operations Manager